assignment 1

Based on your learnings of chapter 1, identify and discuss some charateristics you have as a good Systems Analyst. (at least 1000 words)

As what ive learn from the topics presented in our SAD class,
The system analyst must be a problem solver, agent for change, a consultant and a supporting expert. as an analyst you must acquire technical, business and people skills and knowledge.

In my own notion, I can define system analyst as a person who has the ability to analyze the flow of the business process, and the technical and human resource aspect of an organization. I can tell that an analyst can be an agent for change because with his enough knowledge to the organization’s processes, he can give his opinion about issues that can merely affect the operations of the organization.
Analyst as a consultant when we say consultant it prefers to a professional who has a wide knowledge on a subject matter on a specific field.
Analyst as a supporting expert, as what ive learn in the first chapter, it refers to a person who has a big expertise concerning on computer hardware and software and their uses in organization or business processes. As we are tasked by our instructor to define what characteristics do I have as a good System Analyst, as a student I think I have these following:

I have Willingness to Learn:
When I find things hard particularly on our projects, I always encouraging myself to take it as a challenge. I’m cheering up myself to those things that ive never done before like developing a system that was unique as what they say that includes documentation processes. I think this willingness I have will help me a lot in achieving my goals and finishing those projects without minding that it was complicated.

I am Dedicated and Motivated:
As a student, I finding it good to be dedicated more importantly in the times that my other classmates were thinking they want to give up. Dedication is I think one of the most important ingredients in living life, because for me the only thing that makes me fully charged is dedication especially to the times that I also want to give up, I obtain this dedication through my family and friends who are always reminding me that everything happens for a reason.

I have a so called Passion in my studies:
For me passion means your eagerness to do things that you want and ought to do. It was I think a good characteristic of mine, because in the times of facing struggles it is one key to attain the succession I want. The passion to be successful in everything I do makes me also motivated.

Attain responsibilities:
From the time ive been there in davao city to pursue my study, I attained the responsibility to be an independent. Because of the circumstances I want to be independent especially on the making of the project though it was teamwork, sometimes as a student I want to be somewhat self-sufficient so I have things to be shared in the group activities. I think as an analyst it was important to be an independent because sometimes thing work in positive side if you do it yourself.

Adaptive:
It was a very essential character that every analyst must attain, because IT industry was quite big and every Organization were facing a lot IT issues and IT organizations have different organization culture. Being adaptive means being flexible, flexible in the sense that you will be able to easily cope up with the things that are new to you. With this you will be able to work comfortably in the industry.

all of the characteristic that ive mention above were somewhat related.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment